FAM Drivers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old June 13th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FAM Drivers

About to upgrade to 1.6 on my 350s and 70s. I see on this forum where it is recommended you upgrade FAM Drivers at the same time. Where are they and do they need to be updated on both camera and deck? What about XDCam Transfer- any updates needed there?
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Wrangler

FAM drivers are what you load on your PC or Mac so that it can recognize the camera/deck when attached in FAM mode.

There was an upgrade for FAM back when version 1.52 came out to support long filenames and some bug fixes. To my knowledge, the FAM drivers haven't been updated since then, both Mac or PC. I have both computing platforms and I haven't updated either of them since firmware 1.52 last fall (the biggie that added all that functionality as well as bug fixes).

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Greg. I've got 1.52 so all is well. When they do upgrade the driver though isn't it just part of XDCam Transfer or do they do separate driver updates aside from the primary program itself?
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brazda View Post
Thanks Greg. I've got 1.52 so all is well. When they do upgrade the driver though isn't it just part of XDCam Transfer or do they do separate driver updates aside from the primary program itself?
IIRC, in the Mac version, it was integral to the Transfer tool distribution disc image.
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #5
Inner Circle

That's correct Greg. On a mac the FAM drivers are part of the XDCAM transfer software.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts