CF data backup unit @ $200 !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old March 1st, 2008, 04:27 AM   #1
New Boot

CF data backup unit @ $200 !!

Does anyone know or use this ?

http://nextodi.co.uk/prod_nex.html
http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=833

This is a great CF backup unit.
This site says it takes only 49sec. for 997MB data transfer.

997MB = roughly 5min. HDV file
6x speed !!? Wow !!

This was originally made for D-SLR user.
I'm not sure but I think this is available for the HDV data copy.

The price of $200 is for the shell case only.
You can use your own bare HDD.
Its 16GB model costs $350.
(while P2 store costs $1,600 for 60GB..)

I don't want to have my laptop in the field so this should be an ideal product for me.
Attached Images

Kenny Pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM   #2
Major Player

Interesting....but does it support the files from the Z7? I've looked at some of these devices and for those that I've researched and seen, they don't support it....I'll try contacting them this week.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Major Player

I went to their website and read the literature.

I don't think it cares what your data is. Just that it's a file in need of being copied from a flash card of some kind to it's internal hard drive - which you buy and install. Which also means you can upgrade it at any time.

One thing to keep in mind is that it autoformats the hard drive using FAT32. So there is a 4 GB file size limit.
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Major Player

I called Epson last week and they told me that the file format should be fine, in fact, it will handle any file, the only difference is that only the supported media can be viewed and manipulated via the controls and screen. Other than that, it would be a viable way of offloading data.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #5
Trustee

I bought one of these and discovered that it won't function properly with the Sony software supplied for use with the MRC1 - the file formatting of the instrument creates too deep a path for the software.

Also, in case any UK reader is considering one, the company doesn't adhere to the detail of the Distance Selling Regulations. I bought mine through Amazon and the actual dealer is trying to charge £30 for shipping (which was free) and "processing" neither of which is allowed if the goods are returned within 7 days.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders