Compact Flash Cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old August 26th, 2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Tourist

Compact Flash Cards

What are slowest speed cards that can be used effectively with the Z7U?
Jim Bussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #2
Major Player

133x speed I believe. People have had mixed results with some brands working in this speed, and some not. I use 32Gig Transcend and they work flawlessly.
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using a couple of Kingston 16GB (133x) cards with decent results, they go for about $90 each.

For around the same price you can get the Sandisk Ultra III's (266x?) for about $180.00 for 16GB, with a $90 mail in rebate through Sept. I opted out of this one, because the rebate is in the form of a preloaded VISA card.

No reported sync loss since I usually shoot on the card w/o tape on a lot of projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bussey View Post
What are slowest speed cards that can be used effectively with the Z7U?
Scott Caplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Caplan View Post
I'm using a couple of Kingston 16GB (133x) cards with decent results, they go for about $90 each.

For around the same price you can get the Sandisk Ultra III's (266x?) for about $180.00 for 16GB, with a $90 mail in rebate through Sept. I opted out of this one, because the rebate is in the form of a preloaded VISA card.

No reported sync loss since I usually shoot on the card w/o tape on a lot of projects.
Good luck getting the rebate. I am still waiting for one from 5 months ago.

Bruce
Bruce G. Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #5
New Boot

8gb/16gb 300x Sony Cards

Greetings,

I just love my 8 gb 300x sony CF card. For me the faster, the better. And 300x provides a real fast download to my pc. I haven't purchased the 16gb CF yet, because I get more storage on my Firestore FS4, so I use that for longer shoots.
David Montgomery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders