HVR-MRC1K on Ebay - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old June 29th, 2009, 06:14 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Bill, will you please tell me the name of the seller of your unit? I would like to go on ebay and find them to buy a unit. Are you still happy with your unit?

Last edited by Jeff Harper; June 29th, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:56 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Bill, will you please tell me the name of the seller of your unit? I would like to go on ebay and find them to buy a unit. Are you still happy with your unit?
eBay My World - acepro1

They don't seem to be auctioning any right now, but I'd think they could get more if you communicate directly.

Yes, I could not be happier with the unit. My original plan was to record simultaneously to CF card for workflow and tape for archival - I would swap out the tape at the same time the card filled up even though there was still plenty of time remaining on the tape just for convenience. But I've gotten a little lazy lately and have been mostly recording without tape.

In terms of improving my workflow, I work a lot in Adobe After Effects which can directly import the M2T clips from the card. I still use Adobe Premier Pro for creating rough cuts, but am now importing directly more and more into After Effects.
Bill Ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Thanks a lot Bill, I'll drop them a line.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wilber View Post
k, just go one for my fx1000. You only have to press record on the camera and the mrc1 will start up at the same time. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Ron, are you sure about this? You've used it and it does this successfully? I only ask because there are other posts (like http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-hvr-...c1-fx1000.html in the MRC forum, where this thread should probably be) from users who say it doesn't work like this with the FX1000; only the Z5 does. If you've done this can you let us know how you've got it set to do this?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #20
Regular Crew

^
Well you do have to have it in follow mode, and with cam link set. When I press record on the cam, the mrc starts recording too. You can also just press record on the mrc if you don't want to record to tape simultaniously.

oh yeah, I havent done any thorough testing, but there may be delay in when the mrc starts recording versus when the tape starts(hence the term "follow" mode, but that doenst concern me since I'm not planning to sync to tape.
Ron Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold;1165094there are other posts (like [url
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-hvr-mrc1k-cf-card-recorder/238174-hvr-mrc1-fx1000.html[/url] in the MRC forum, where this thread should probably be)
Adam,

Sorry, I had no idea that a separate forum for the MRC1 existed. Please move this thread over there if you can. Thanks.

Bill
Bill Ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #22
Trustee

Hey Jeff, were you able to get the recorder from the same ebay seller?

thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders