some of the clip not importing into FCP?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old June 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

some of the clip not importing into FCP??

Hi,

I'm using the unit to record on it's own with a Canon HV20 and importing into FCP via Log and Transfer and Sonnet's CF dual card reader (it doesn't work as a dual reader btw in case you're thinking of getting it).

Sometimes the import only brings in a certain amount of the clip and leaves the last chunk out. Once it stopped after 20ish minutes and last night stopped importing at around 1hour 3minutes consistently. I think it corresponds with a new m2t being made after every 4GB or so. The only way I could get it into FCP was to encode as QT in MPEG Streamclip first and then import normally. Is it the card maybe??

thanks for any input.

Gary
Gary Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Tourist

This May Help

Hi I had a similar experience after looking through all the forums I come across this site,

Apple Final Cut Pro (v. 6.02 - or later) Plug-In for HVR-DR60 and HVR-MRC1 - Version 1.1 (7/31/08) I downloaded the Plug - In and all was good.

I also used the same link to download the Plug - In for FCP 7

Sony | Product Catalog - Cameras - Broadcast & Production
Iain Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #3
New Boot

FCP being tempermental with log and transfer...

I have had a little issues using log and transfer in FCP 6. I occasionally get an "uknown error" . It says that the files contain no data. When I transfer them directly they are fine. The workflow I am using now that works best for me is to download the footage to hard drive and use clipwrap to prepare the clips for FCP. It has worked without issue so far.
Stephen F. Bodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Barr View Post
Hi,

Sometimes the import only brings in a certain amount of the clip and leaves the last chunk out. Once it stopped after 20ish minutes and last night stopped importing at around 1hour 3minutes consistently. I think it corresponds with a new m2t being made after every 4GB or so. The only way I could get it into FCP was to encode as QT in MPEG Streamclip first and then import normally. Is it the card maybe??

Gary
I presently have the same problem. I am using FCP 7.01 and Sony plug-in 1.1. Recently I have updated to OS X 10.5.8 and FCP. However the CF cards had been reading fine following those updates. The only distinction I can think of is my latest problem stems from clips being split by the 4GB file size limit of FAT32. Whilst I can access the first part, MpegStream clips reports a problem with the end of file of the second part.

EDIT: it would seem the combo of 10.5.8, FCP 7.01 does not work for clips beyond the 4 gb FAT32 limitation. I took my work home and the clips imported fine on my home system running: 10.6.2 FCP 7.01 both systems use SonyRecordingUnit111.dmg

Last edited by Mark Joseph; November 24th, 2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: new info
Mark Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders