MRC1K accessory shoe mounting bracket at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old January 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #1
New Boot

MRC1K accessory shoe mounting bracket

Does anyone have an extra one of these that they'd be willing to part with? I would be willing to buy or trade for it...

Also, for those folks who bought one of these NIB, can anyone confirm that this accessory shoe mounting bracket is an included item contained in the box?

photo of bracket of which I speak

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/IMG_3190.jpg

Thanks
Bill Eckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #2
New Boot

That's what came with mine. Bought it Full Compass about a month ago.

Don't have an extra. Sorry.
Robert Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yep, that's it. If I'm reading their parts website correctly, it's:

X23202991 ADAPTOR ASSY, SHOE $98.95

But that price seems ridiculously high even for Sony.

No pictures on the site so no way to be sure. Best to call them. Unfortunately, their website is one of those Flash monstrosities, so this link won't take you to the right page, but it'll get you close: https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/Par...px?stype=parts

I haven't been able to find the part anywhere else.

EDIT: Ah, that crazy Sony hyphenation. If you Google it as X-2320-299-1, you do get some web hits. But so far all run into dead ends.

EDIT2: A Japanese website at least has a picture and confirms that's the right part: http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CA0Q7gEwAA prev=/search%3Fq%3d Sony%2BX-2320-299-1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_enUS 343US 343

Last edited by Adam Gold; January 16th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for all the help Adam.... I did speak with Sony yesterday and they did confirm the rediculous price for this item...I'm still holding out hope that someone might have an extra of these that they might be willing to sell...

In lieu of that, I'm contemplation lower cost alternatives... can anyone chime in if they thing either of these would make good substitutions?

Birns & Sawyer | HSA Shoe Adapter | 162006 | B&H Photo Video

Pearstone | Male Accessory Shoe Adapter w/ 1/4-20 Stud | 9041690

thanks
Bill Eckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Interestingly, I have both of those adapters. I just tried the B&S one with the MRC on the front shoe of a Z5 (matches the only shoe on the FX1000) and it works fine.

Note that mounting the MRC on the front shoe of your cam will make it incredibly front-heavy, especially with the battery. If your cam came with a puny 570 batt I'd use that on the unit while you use a nice beefy 970 on the cam in the back.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders