Bought an open box HC7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Bought an open box HC7

Hope I made the right choice here. Been watching the eBay auctions of HC1's with plans to spend no more than $800 and hoping to get it for under $700.

Well, along comes an open-box specials on an HC7 for $750 plus shipping. So I didn't even hesitate, I know I will surely miss some of the features the HC1 has to offer, but then again the it's almost 3 years old technology.

I hope I made the right decision,
James

P.S. And on a different note, I generally like to shoot with a wide angle lens. The Sony camcorder I was using before broke. I think it's a flaw in design. Where the wide angle lens threads on is metal, but this metal ring is held to a plastic shroud with three tiny screws. Over time, the plastic shroud broke where the three screws are. I'm hoping this still not an issue. Has anyone had a similar problem?
James E Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:59 PM   #2
New Boot

I own HC-3 and just bought a HC-7. haven't had a lot of time with the HC-7 but the HC-3 is an excellent camera. The HD quality is awesome. I can't wait utill it is $$$ beneficial to produce HD_DVD. The worst thing about the HC-3 is that it doesn't have an input for a microphone. This was added in the HC-7. Other than that it is a great camera
Denny Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #3
Inner Circle

The only thing you might not like is the lack of a zoom/manual focus ring. Other than that, the image quality is actually better than the HC1.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #4
New Boot

Well, I'm not getting an HC7 afterall. Order got cancelled because they were out of stock. They did have an open box SR1 for $799.99 but I passed. I think I'm still going to look at getting a used HC1.

Thanks for the feedback,
James
James E Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series