Wireless lavelier mic for HC9? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old March 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wireless lavelier mic for HC9?

I am considering doing a few interviews with the Sony HC9 and was wondering if a wireless lav mic would work with the HC9. And also, are there any other setups I should consider?

Looking forward to your suggestions.
Antonie Koen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Should work fine, just plug the reciever into the mic input.

Take a look at the HW1 bluetooth mic that connects at the AiShoe - not a bad setup, although the mic and transmitter are all one small unit, so could be a challenge if you require the tiny lav type mic - I've considered modding the reciever to take an external mic, but it's so small, there's no room for a jack! It's comparable quality to any comparably priced VHF wireless, and so far I've had no interference issues and have tested two simultaneously sucessfully.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Dave - what kind of audio quality are you getting from the bluetooth mic?
Old March 31st, 2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Cliff - it seems adequate to me, comparable to any of the basic lavs I've used along the way. Haven't run extensive tests, but I've used it on several ocaisions and been happy with the results just hanging it on the included lanyard with active kids - got clear "you're right there in the middle of the action" results. For the size and $ it's a viable option for run and gun and stuff where you have limited setup times.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM   #5
Major Player

The only thing I don't like about the Sony Bluetooth mic that plugs into the shoe is that it's lacking in bass response. Sounds downright tinny but only if you compare it to good audio. Otherwise you don't exactly know what you're missing.
Lynne Whelden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series