HDR-HC3 and 35mm adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 26th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDR-HC3 and 35mm adapter

Does the Letus35 mini fit the HDR-HC3. I know it fits the HV20. Can someone shed some knowledge on this?
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:41 AM   #2
Major Player

I own the HC3,HC7 and SR11.The HC3 has a thread that is too small to fit the mini.The HC7 and SR11 are identical sizes and fit perfectly - 37 mm I believe.The HC3 is I think 30 mm?You can get step up and down rings but not sure how common it is from 30 to 37 mm.Hope that helps
Henry Olonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I think the Letus Mini is made for a 43mm thread (same as HV20) but you can attach an HC3 using the appropriate step-up / step-down ring(s). I've used an HC3 with a Redrock M2 before.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. Michael View Post
I think the Letus Mini is made for a 43mm thread (same as HV20) but you can attach an HC3 using the appropriate step-up / step-down ring(s). I've used an HC3 with a Redrock M2 before.
Really what was your setup?
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Regular Crew

My setup was a Redrock M2 with rod support, the HC3, and Nikon lenses.

Here's a short test I shot a couple of years ago with the HC3. It's a little noisy, but I was just using whatever natural light was available.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JhKtfYY7ZKw

The M2 has since moved on to a new owner. I now have a Letus Mini attached to a Canon HV20, and am using the same Nikon lenses.

All you should need to do is get the appropriate step rings to attach your HC3. The Letus Mini should work just fine. You might try asking Letus customer support to determine exactly what ring(s) you will require.
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Letus Mini with HVR-A1

The Letus35 Mini works splendily with the HVR-A1, which has 37mm thread size. It's had to imaging shooting without a 35mm lens now.

As in the previous post I believe the HC3 has 30mm threads. Letus35 offers 37mm and 43mm compatibility so if you stepped-up to either size you'd be shooting with style!

Here's an estore that might work: http://www.camerafilters.com/pages/rings1.aspx

Best of luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series