HVR-A1U and Glidecam 2000 Pro Setup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 13th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #1
New Boot

HVR-A1U and Glidecam 2000 Pro Setup

Hello All,

I just received my Glidecam 2000 Pro last night along with my Manfrotto 577 quick release plate. Does anyone have any tips on setting it up and balancing it? I am using the standard shotgun mic that it comes with and the larger QM91D battery. If you have the same setup, how many washers are you using? I’ve noticed that once I get everything level (I’m using a small magnetic level attached to the mounting plate) that the entire rig is very fluid. What I mean by that is that the slightest touch or movement by me makes the camera start to bob up and down and back and forth. Is this normal? I do understand that using a Glidecam takes a lot of practice to get great shots, but just want to know that it’s me that sucks, not the Glidecam. Thanks!
Joel Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: HVR-A1U and Glidecam 2000 Pro Setup

Hey Joel,
I just got a GC2000 today, and I will be using it with a A1U.

Do you have any suggestions from the past year of use?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series