Make a A1 from HC1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 30th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

And if you're fooling around with firmware and your camera freezes up... don't come crying to us.

Proceed with caution, you're voiding your warranty not to mention running a risk of killing the camera.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #17
Regular Crew

And if my HC1 have black-stretch...... don't come crying to me ;-)
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Wolfgang, Black Stretch is not that much of an improvement for you to risk killing your camcorder. Haven't you seen some of the comparison stills out there?

If you're risking all of this just for Black Stretch, then you're going to be really dissapointed.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

The firmware in the hc1 have a write-protect (Page1 / data1=0), in this modus is to chance the data not dangerously. in the next camera boot is again the original data.....
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:05 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Bruk
Does Hvr-a1u Has Built In Mic If Don't Want To Shot With XLR FeaTures?

Yes it does. The XLR unit is removable, which makes it the same size and shape as the HC1
Bill McMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McMullen
Yes it does. The XLR unit is removable, which makes it the same size and shape as the HC1
That makes me wonder if it would be possible to buy that paticular 'XLR' unit for the HC1?

Would it be equal in value to say the beachtek or similar items?

I wonder how much it would cost.

Just curious and sort of thinking out loud.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
Danny Fye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM   #22
Regular Crew

at sony's parts site https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx

the XLR block assembly has no given price but gives you their 1800no to call for the price.
it's part no. is A-1133-621-A
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:15 AM   #23
Major Player

When/if you find out the price post it here.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. Cuenco
at sony's parts site https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx

the XLR block assembly has no given price but gives you their 1800no to call for the price.
it's part no. is A-1133-621-A
What is the 800 number?

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
Danny Fye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #25
Wrangler

It looks like the XLR block on the PDX-10 (see the exploded view), and their site lists that for $260.95 (part #A7013029A).

Unfortunately you can't link to pages on that site, but for the A1 enter "hvra1" in the "model number" field in the Parts Finder section. Then choose your particular model. From the "Category" dropdown choose "Exploded Views" and then choose "XLR Block Assembly" from the other dropdown. Click on the document icon in the righthand column to see the exploded view. Instead of listing a price it says "Call 1-800-538-7550 for information".

FWIW, if you start all over again and enter "dsrpdx10" in the model number field you can follow the same steps to find its XLR block.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #26
Regular Crew

The A1 XLR block gives a bit-signal to the A1 if it is put on. You can see that in the camerafirmware.....the bit (firmware page 7, adress 09) goes from 00 to 09. I'm not shure that the hc1 firmware with this bit-signal the XLR block activated.

the audio level L+R cannot be regulated separately into the hc1!
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #27
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Winne
The A1 XLR block gives a bit-signal to the A1 if it is put on. You can see that in the camerafirmware.....the bit (firmware page 7, adress 09) goes from 00 to 09. I'm not shure that the hc1 firmware with this bit-signal the XLR block activated.

the audio level L+R cannot be regulated separately into the hc1!
This is one of my concerns that even though if one gets the hardware, there is still the firmware issue which simply means that the hardware probably wouldn't be recognised and probably won't work right.

My suggestion to Sony would be to sell upgrade kits so that those who have cams like the HC1 and even the FX1 could upgrade them to be like their pro counterparts.

This way those who are stretching their budget super thin just to even get a HD cam could upgrade later on. Those who want/need to be at the consumer level for now and decide to go pro later on can make the upgrade without having to buy a whole new cam. And Sony could make some more aftermarket money.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
Old January 20th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #28
Tourist

Hello, Anyone has a copy of Wolfgang A1/HC1website? I try find it on google...

BTW
Refer to this topic:
AIS to standard stero input

If You wonna use flex cable "Sony Part #183064611" with A1, you need connect two resistor "SHOE ID1 and ID2" to GND (22kohm from ID2 and 0kohm from ID1). Then camcorder recognize audio accessory, and activate AIS audio input. I think HC1 version should be the same response.
If not, should be check what resistor (for SHOE ID 1/2) is put in Sony ECM-HST1 or Pearstone Microphone Adapter for Sony Camcorder Hot Shoe:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/564249-REG/Pearstone_9011300_Microphone_Adapter_for_Sony.htmlThat. all we need to activate audio inputs in AIS (line in L/R signal).

Look at part of attached schematic from service manual of SONY HVR-A1.
If You have this cable, tray it to use with accessory shoe in other camcorder then HVR-A1. I'm curious about this experiment.

Schematic:
http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/V...n/ais_sony.gif

If AISHOE will be activate by resistor, on "SHOE_UNREG" apperas 8V (8,4.....5V directly from akku). This voltage could be multiplier by step-up converter do 48V phantom power (as in oryginal XLR adapter for A1).

In next week I would make experiment with HC1, Panasonic AG-MYA30g from DVC-30e, and Sony encapsulated cable #183064611.
Monter Monterski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series