Cmos Vs 3ccd - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 31st, 2006, 08:56 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt Lee
My friend, Chuck Olson of Minnesota Stories - http://mnstories.com just got one of these cameras and it was soooo much fun. and it has a really long flip out window - so my impression was that it is wide screen. I could be wrong.
M.
He has a good website. Do you know which videoblogs are done with the A1U?
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:48 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt Lee
What I've been wondering about is - how do the dvx100a and the hc1 compare to each other?

Has anybody shot them both side by side. I'm just curious what the actual quality of the image is like - or not alike.

Yes, I know it's 2 totally different things - but really - I would love to have an idea of how the 2 looked, so I could make a choice about a second camera.

Thanks,
Milt Lee
The video image from the Hc1 is about four times sharper than that of the DVX100a! I worked on a short last year that was shot on a DVX. One of my favorite things now is to show that footage side by side with footage from my A1 (different footage but the same town). They're not even in the same ballpark. The A1 makes the DVX look like a webcam!
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:00 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston
The video image from the Hc1 is about four times sharper than that of the DVX100a! I worked on a short last year that was shot on a DVX. One of my favorite things now is to show that footage side by side with footage from my A1 (different footage but the same town). They're not even in the same ballpark. The A1 makes the DVX look like a webcam!
Those would be fighting words on some websites!!!!
I would like to see A1U footage sometime.

I was in a Apple store once and saw FX1 footage they had and it was really good. I thought at the time why are all this people complaining about HDV?
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:12 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
Those would be fighting words on some websites!!!!
I would like to see A1U footage sometime.

I was in a Apple store once and saw FX1 footage they had and it was really good. I thought at the time why are all this people complaining about HDV?
If the lightings good, Z1/FX1/A1/HC1/H3 footage all looks about the same. It's only in low light that the footage from the Z1/FX one stands out.

Yeah, these would be fighting words on some websites I know but it's the truth. Even downrezzed to SD, the A1 looks better, especially if you are rendering directly from HDV to SD MPEG2 for DVD authoring. They may not like it but it's the truth.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series