L. Kingston's Custom A1U - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 29th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #181
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick
It seems to be 'kitted-out photo' time, so can I add my VX2k here?
http://www.fortvir.net/gallery/v/tom...X2000.jpg.html
Nice setup Tom.

Few questions:
1) Are you happy with the Rycote Softie ? Can you estimate what sort of windspeed that it protects up to ? I have a Rode Deadcat on my Videomic and i think I may need a better windshield so i am looking at Rycteo and Lightwave etc.

2) How does the ME66 sound indoors? I guess for wedding stuff, its big halls or churches or marquee or something so the delayed-reflections off walls isnt really a problem? In a normal room environment, do you use another mic? me64?

3) Also any idea how much a 2nd-hand VX2000 would go for in the UK?

4) Whats the clamp/tripod widget in this shot :
http://www.fortvir.net/gallery/v/tom...tudio.jpg.html
Is it a Manfrotto Super-Clamp? looks a bit like it. Any chance of a URL to that at B&H (for whatever it is).

cheers
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #182
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Holmes
Thanks for posting those up Jeff. Dedication !!

Err, just one thing...... I think the last JPG might be something else entirely ! not sure what it is exactly, but it looks fascinating !! lol !
It was the light that Laurence Kingston used with his equipment. I included it because that's one of the originally posted images.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #183
Regular Crew

well i hope this kingston set up works good cause i just ordered most of the same stuff for my hc1...

i got a rode ntg-2 with a beactek dx4-a, also got a hd-7000 raynox and the century optics shade for 82mm. got spider brace already and am waitting for the lanc.. also got the light with the battery and diffuser. this thing better be good and provide some results now..this whole setup with the cam and a tripod is close to $3000 k and the name of the forum is afforable hdv..lol...need some big dollars for non affordable then
Tom Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series