my first letus35/hc1 test at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old February 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM   #1
New Boot

my first letus35/hc1 test

hej, i also began working with a lensadaptor, i don't have the complete A1-gear as matthew kent (great work dude!) but a hc1 / letus35 and some canon fd lenses, her are my first results with a 50mm f1.8

some amsterdam-based squads prepare for action!

http://www.streamload.com/Deliver/De...ID%3D968835671

first part in inside without any light, lots of difficulties finding focus manually because the image is upside down and i cant see anything on the lcd nothing is stable
the second part; outside on a busy shoppingstreet the lightconditions are much better and everything gets more steady.

sorry for the heavy compression, this thing is just a try guys, i havent figured out a fast and cheap way for hosting large files

anyway for me this is all very promissing

but i really have to think about getting the right lightcondition and a steadier cameracontrol
Joff B. Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Looks fun over in Amsterdam! I like the way it looks, but I'm just a sucker for the shallow depth of field and desaturated feel. I'll probably take heat for saying that, I liked Matthew's footage too.

Man, it's a good time for affordable film makers!

Is there a significant light difference between the Letus35 and the Letus35 Flip that R.P. Cuenco on this forum has?
Bill McMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Will this work with the cannon EF lenses?
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM   #4
New Boot

Does the "magnet trick" work with the HCI?
i.e. stick a magnet on the back of the lcd and it flips the screen over.
It works on the DVX
Max Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Just wondering if that would be harmful to the camera or one of its components, having a magnet that close? And as far as the Mini DV tapes go, are magnets harmful to them?
Alex Thames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series