HC 1 Error Message at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 5th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HC 1 Error Message

"RE-ATTACH THE POWER SOURCE"

Has anyone experienced this error message on their camera before?

I took a couple of stills in camera mode and in memory mode, when I went to shoot some video in camera mode, that message popped up and it would not record or take any more pictures.

I turned it on and off several times, re-installed the battery a couple of times, hooked up the AC adapter and unhooked it to no avail. As well I took the tape out and no change.

After replacing the 90% capacity remaining QM71 battery with a fully charged FM50, it cleared up. Immediately I put the QM71 battery back on and all is fine. I used the camera to capture video to the pc this evening as well with the same battery and have had no further issues.

No help in the manual though the message is referenced on page 97, which leads to a dead end on page 13. Sony support website was no help either.

Any of ya'll run across this before?

Jamie
Jamie Hellmich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series