A1U going to Africa - need stabilization advice - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 30th, 2006, 04:16 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Ball head monopods

Hello,

In general I find that HD is in dire need of stabilization -the higher resolution tends to focus the eye more accutely on any shake.

I was looking around at the low-end of the market for a solution. I already have a FH tripod but wanted something a bit more immediate that I can leave attached to the camera so I have just sent off for one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Action-Grip-Pr...QQcmdZViewItem

I hope it will help -I'm not expecting miracles. Will be taking it to Paris on the 14th July so will post usability feedback.

Does anyone else use anything like this?

Regards, Nick.
Nick Outram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #17
Major Player

Havent seen that monopod before Nick.

I think monopods and tripods are quite tricky things to get a good feel in advance of what you're getting. So much of it is build-quality, rigidity, weight etc. and thats tricky to ascertain without getting your hands on one.

One new device that i know is about to go on sale (in fact it IS on sale in the UK where you are - check out www.warehouseexpress.com)

Its GBP99 which isnt cheap for a monopod, but if the fluid-cartridge in the base works helf-way well, it might be a very good compromise between that "Shall i take my tripod today or can i get away with just my monopod?" dilemma.

Details on Manfrotto site: www.manfrotto.com
Left side of home page, the 560B is pictured etc.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series