Resolution vs. Other HD/HDV Camcorders - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old July 17th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ziegelheim
Jerome and Jeff,

Is some of the footage or stills you referred to available in native format?

Thanks,

David
No, I'm sorry. But filming a few trees at different zoom levels shouldn't be too difficult, should it?
Jerome Marot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #17
Regular Crew

i have both the HC1 and the FX1. The later is a terrific camera, good zoom range, excellent IS, usable in the most dimmest of the environments etc, but in normal light i find it producing more coarse and video-ish like picture than the HC1. I watch the video on 2 HDTVs, both i believe 720p or close. The picture from the HC1 is extemely clean, with almost 0 enhancement and full of fine detail.

My 2 cents.
Mike Sakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ziegelheim
Jerome and Jeff,

Is some of the footage or stills you referred to available in native format?
I don't have any such footage myself. The best I can link are files that are in WMV format. One was some night time footage of Seoul, Korea that was posted here some months ago. The other was a fireworks show link that was emailed to me privately by Jerome Cloninger of jcdv.com. I think he'd be happy to send a link to a few people, but I don't want to potentially bust his server bandwidth by publicly posting a link.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff DeMaagd
There is the exposure setting that I think is called here "sun and moon". I've seen absolutely stunning nighttime footage that was recorded on this model camera, unfortunately it has to be set right.
If I recall correctly, what this setting does is lower the exposure speed. You can get decent nightime footage by doing the same yourself:
-disable the stabilisator
-lower the exposure to 1/25 second (for pal)
-try the backlight button

Quote:
I don't think anyone has said that there aren't better cameras on the market, but you'll be spending twice as much to get the next camera model.
I did not mean to criticise the camera, but to explain what to avoid filming so that its limitations will not be too apparent.
Jerome Marot is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series