Sony Single chip in a water-housing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Single chip in a water-housing

Greetings,

I'm interested in picking up the A1 or the new sony HDV camera to use as a B-camera and crash camera.. as well as an underwater camera on a few productions. Anyone have any experience in using the camera in an underwater housing. Equinox has one for just over a grand.. so that makes the cam and housing a pretty sweet deal.

I'm also hoping to use it as a B camera to my HVX.. especially under low-light situations as I've been impressed with this cams low-light capabiliity.

Also.. seems like a lot of stuff lucking in the wings.. Should I wait? I don't have to shoot this stuff till the fall, if necessary. I would however love to get a cheap HDV camera to throw in the glovebox and get some more secretive and covert footage. Hard to do that with the HVX...

Thanks all.
Justyn Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Major Player

You think the A1 has good low-light capabilities? Or are you referring to the HVX? I sort of regret buying my A1 a couple months ago with the upcoming new products, but still, HDV is pretty good.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

hc1 under water

Hey check out a top dawg housing from back scatter--you can also find one on ebay sometimes-- recently bought one for my hc1--paid just over 500 for it-
Trevor Troup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Thames
You think the A1 has good low-light capabilities? Or are you referring to the HVX? I sort of regret buying my A1 a couple months ago with the upcoming new products, but still, HDV is pretty good.
There's always going to be new products and different products with different strong points and weak points.
Rejoice in the strong points of your A1 !
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series