HC1 back on the job at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old October 11th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Trustee

HC1 back on the job

Back from repair, upgraded and good as new. I fashioned a modified sperical vise and extension bar that will mate with a standard tripod. This allows me to go from studio to shoulder in a moments notice.

This will help in the OR, when you have limited room and time to get the shot. The tripod gets in the way, needs be moved, etc. The patient leaves to another procedure and I can follow, etc. Possibilities.

http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=722&c=33
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 02:21 AM   #2
Major Player

Very nice.
Mikko Lopponen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks.

Here's a few shots, going modular.

http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=724

I think it's ready for the next shoot.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sweet setup!
Derek Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks. it's very light, my last shoot was a pleasant experience. (I also rented an HVX200 for second cam, but wish I had picked up an HC3 instead). For straight video, the image from these small cams is amazing.

I have one more session to capture the remaining shots. A live procedure in the OR. A small camera like this is perfect. It doesn't get in the way of the physicians. I can get right over their shoulders without bumping heads and/or breaking the sterile field. Everything fits into a backpack, I blend in with the campus crowd...

It's going to the wife afterwards. I'm think the new three-chipper V1U with it external manual controls will be a nice step up for this kind of work. (It's the only complaint I have for the HC1 is the poor focus. It's hit or miss).
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series