Sony HC1 not seen by computer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old November 13th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony HC1 not seen by computer

I plug my HC1 into my windows xp computer, and it does not show its connected. The AV driver loads, but the HC1 driver does not. This does not allow PPro2 to see. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
I plug my HC1 into my windows xp computer, and it does not show its connected.
Do you mean that it doesn't show up in My Computer/Windows Explorer as a folder?

If that's the case, you need to set the camcorder to output a downsampled SD DV signal via Firewire, not the MPEG2-TS signal used for HDV.

Also, which XP Service Pack do you have? Support for MPEG2-TS streams via Firewire depends upon the Service Pack.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #3
Major Player

No, if I go under device manager, it does not show up. Normally when one plugs in a firewire device, you see the little message show up on the screen.
Am using XP pro with all the latest patches.

Under Ppro2, it sees something when I plug it in and turn it on. But, if I try to hit play, it says theres a commications error.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #4
Major Player

There is something I may be doing wrong with Prospect HD since things work with HDV from Ppro2. So, off to cineform to see what I am doing dumb.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series