HC7 Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old February 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Tourist

HC7 Footage

Well, I've never posted a video clip before, so I hope I created this thing correctly. Also, this clip is not the greatest, as I wasn't intending for anyone to see it. I had just gone outside quick after I received the camera to shoot a bit before dark so I could see what outdoor footage looks like.

I will take some more footage tomorrow and hopefully it will be sunnier and I can get some nice, smooth video. Everything is pretty dead around here because of winter, so it's hard to find real vibrant colors. This clip doesn't do it justice; in good light, the video looks amazing, IMHO.

Enjoy,

Jeremy

http://www.filefactory.com/file/470994/

PS. The video should be 1440x1080. It is a .mov file, as it is the only thing I could figure out how to output in Final Cut Express HD. If anyone has any tips on how I can export it differently and/or a better place to host it, PLEASE let me know.

You will have to click on the link in the middle of the page that says "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" - it is kind of hidden. Also, you will have to enter one of those security codes to start downloading it. It is a little strange, but it works. It starts out slow, but gets faster. Hope this works for you! Sorry again about the video, it was just a quick shot!
Jeremy Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #2
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Ashley

PS. The video should be 1440x1080. It is a .mov file, as it is the only thing I could figure out how to output in Final Cut Express HD. If anyone has any tips on how I can export it differently and/or a better place to host it, PLEASE let me know.
You can host this on www.listvideo.com .
Thanks
Susan Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Regular Crew

wow...thanks
do u have indoor footage...
mov 173mg file is too big...i compresse the origianl m2t files

only 25m/s it's 47mega
Jung Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #4
Tourist

I'm new to processing video. I'm using Final Cut Express HD. How do I export it to a smaller file while retaining the HD quality?

J
Jeremy Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #5
Inner Circle

^Compress it into a H.264 .mov with a bitrate around 9-11 Mbps. Make sure to de-interlace the file first for best results.

Last edited by Jack Zhang; February 10th, 2007 at 01:29 AM.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

i have seen hc7 indoor footage...it didn't impressed me...the image was just like hc3.. i didn't see big diffrence. there was also lot's of nosie..

I'm not a big fan of canon but hv10 is still the best hdv consumer camcorder.
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Kyu
i have seen hc7 indoor footage...it didn't impressed me...the image was just like hc3.. i didn't see big diffrence. there was also lot's of nosie..

I'm not a big fan of canon but hv10 is still the best hdv consumer camcorder.
You're certainly welcome to your opinion. I like the HV10 for handholding on the ground, but for action sports. it's completely useless. On the other hand, I've got a couple HC3's and just took delivery of the HC7.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
You're certainly welcome to your opinion. I like the HV10 for handholding on the ground, but for action sports. it's completely useless. On the other hand, I've got a couple HC3's and just took delivery of the HC7.

here's hc7 footage...i really don't see any improvement
and where's x.v.Color?

http://www.camuser.co.kr/cam_vm/VID_...007/02/hc7.wmv
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #9

Jung, I'm not sure what you're trying to illustrate with the file. Without comparison footage in the same light/same angle, identical settings, it's just a nice stream of pencils.
The HV10 looks great, but falls apart under any kind of physical stress; the OIS cannot handle vibration of any kind. We've posted skydiving and ATV-shot clips. None of them look good. On the ground, handheld for normal, tourist or family activities, it's a great camcorder. Driving down a bumpy road in your car....no good. I'm loathe to say that one is better than the other, just "different."
I love the compact nature of the HC10, and REALLY wanted it to be good for action sports, because it fits perfectly on a sport-cam helmet.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Jung, I'm not sure what you're trying to illustrate with the file. Without comparison footage in the same light/same angle, identical settings, it's just a nice stream of pencils.
The HV10 looks great, but falls apart under any kind of physical stress; the OIS cannot handle vibration of any kind. We've posted skydiving and ATV-shot clips. None of them look good. On the ground, handheld for normal, tourist or family activities, it's a great camcorder. Driving down a bumpy road in your car....no good. I'm loathe to say that one is better than the other, just "different."
I love the compact nature of the HC10, and REALLY wanted it to be good for action sports, because it fits perfectly on a sport-cam helmet.
Reading it from the specs, the HC-7 still is lightweight compared to about all of the rest of the field. Side-mounted, which looks like where I will go for off-road biking, that is only a 1.5lb counterweight. Compare that to the GS250/400 Panasonics and you have a weight savings.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #11
New Boot

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...4/zooma295.htm
Raimis Sausainis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #12
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimis Sausainis

ENglish Translation
http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Susan Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series