Hvr-hd1000u in low light? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old February 8th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #16
New Boot

Low light and 20DW2

Hi guys.

I'm trying to give some VIDEO information about the performance of this camera under low light using a HVL-20DW2 light in it.

This video is not compressed at all and shows a situation in a child party ("happy birthday to you... but in Portuguese!) where all lights were turned off and the only light here is the on coming from the HVL-20DW2 (that is 20W).

The video speaks for itself. I would like to hear what you guys think about it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/87393768...20dw2.m2t.html

See you soon. Hope I can help in someway.
Tiago Cardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago Cardoso View Post
Hi guys.

I'm trying to give some VIDEO information about the performance of this camera under low light using a HVL-20DW2 light in it.

This video is not compressed at all and shows a situation in a child party ("happy birthday to you... but in Portuguese!) where all lights were turned off and the only light here is the on coming from the HVL-20DW2 (that is 20W).

The video speaks for itself. I would like to hear what you guys think about it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/87393768...20dw2.m2t.html

See you soon. Hope I can help in someway.
thanks for the replay.

i think it kinda noise...

what you ppl think?
Asaf Benatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #18
Regular Crew

anyone?
it's kinda important to me... i don't know if i should buy this camcorder...
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #19
Regular Crew

hello

I have watch all your video on youtube, and I think the quality is very good(upload)
And the 030108 si very good only the music I did not like.
Just remember the 1000u is not a sensitive camera(I use the A1U same category but in concert).I would go for FX1 or Z1 or for almost the same price as 1000u a used canon GL2.
and imagine if one day you want to put an adaptor like brevis and lose even more light.

I don't understand why you want change what is already good on you video.
Maybe make the 1000u a B camera, but you will not be close to what a Fx1 or Z1 can do.
or Make do with what you got!
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I just shot some fairly low-light stuff backstage at a musical production. Under the worklights the cam added between 9 and 18dB gain. At 15-18 dB the grain was very noticeable. I think most people would consider this "unusable" for HDV, but if you like that "filmic" grainy look you may think it is fine. Color fidelity was fine.

At 9-12 dB the grain is there but you have to look for it. It is mostly visible in dark mid-tones, not in the blacks.

At 6dB and below it is not noticeable at all. Very clear, crisp HDV images, and very quick and accurate autofocus.

Here the HD1000U is half the price of an FX1, and performs admirably for the price. I have both and I think I'll need to turn sharpness and color up on the FX1 and down on the HD1000U to get them to match.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
I just shot some fairly low-light stuff backstage at a musical production. Under the worklights the cam added between 9 and 18dB gain. At 15-18 dB the grain was very noticeable. I think most people would consider this "unusable" for HDV, but if you like that "filmic" grainy look you may think it is fine. Color fidelity was fine.

At 9-12 dB the grain is there but you have to look for it. It is mostly visible in dark mid-tones, not in the blacks.

At 6dB and below it is not noticeable at all. Very clear, crisp HDV images, and very quick and accurate autofocus.

Here the HD1000U is half the price of an FX1, and performs admirably for the price. I have both and I think I'll need to turn sharpness and color up on the FX1 and down on the HD1000U to get them to match.
Hi
Thanks for the replay,
can you post some video for me to see?
(in low light offcourse)
and did you use on camera video light?
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaf Benatia View Post
Hi
Thanks for the replay,
can you post some video for me to see?
(in low light offcourse)
and did you use on camera video light?
?????????????????
Old February 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #23
Inner Circle

My video PC is down right now, and I don't think posted video is much help because so much depends on your player and PC. And stills are even less indicative. The only way to really tell is to play back the tape directly to an HDTV via a digital interface such as DVI or HDMI.

Best bet is just try some test shooting before the big events and see how you like it.

I did not use any additional lighting.

Hope this helps,

ag
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #24
Regular Crew

in the brochure it sayis

Auto Slow ShutterON - 5 lux (1/30 shutter)
Auto Slow ShutterOFF - 11 lux (1/30 shutter)

what does it say's about the low light?
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:26 AM   #25
Regular Crew

and if someone knows what is it signal-to-noise ratio?
Asaf Benatia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000