Lighting, Day for Night, and other Fancy Stuff... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old April 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Tourist

Lighting, Day for Night, and other Fancy Stuff...

Hello.

Well, I've gotten to use my camera a bit since I've joined this forum. Though I certainly do see the limitations that low light bring, I have to say I love the camera. While I bought it almost exclusively to do a horror short, I quickly realized that it wasn't a low light genius. I have what I have now, however, and need some help with some work arounds.

I have two questions. My first is Day for Night. What is a good time of day to eliminate shadows? I mean, high noon seems like the best time in theory, as light is directly above. I ask, because when I used some pre-made "day for night" Final Cut effects filters, it looked pretty good, but the long...looooong shadows of the trees were a pretty dead give away...

Also, I have a campfire scene...suggestions?

Finally, any lenses, filters, or other tricks anyone suggests for Day for night filming with this camera would be great. I'm a total amateur hear, so if you are going to recommend settings on the camera, please put it in "for dummies" terminology!!!!

Thanks so much!
Andrew M. King is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000