Extract 24P without Cinefrom - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 9th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #16
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malameel Shawky View Post
Maybe you guys can help with some setting issues?

When I take my M2T files, and load it in,
What codec are you using?
I iwll not be using a proxy, but it seems that umpressed maybe unnecessary for 4:2:0. However, I do not want to lose what little I have.

The frame is unclear, do I use my shooting frame rate which then will always be 60i (with V1U) or does it want 60 only? Then how do I get the 24P? I am shooting in 24A, but I do not see anywhere to extract the embedded 24P stream...

Or do I have to reverse telecine that seperately? This of course would lead to my net question, then how do I do that?

(If Cineform didn't use the Cineform codec, I would buy it instantly!)

I am sorry, but I am not a Mac guy so I am learning this side of things and apprecaite any help.
M
The windows version of DVFilm Maker (release 2.4) can remove 3:2 or 2:3:3:2 pulldown from .m2t files, and you can output in quicktime or AVI formats. http://dvfilm.com/maker

Also see http://dvfilm.com/raylight/raylightTutorial7.htm
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #17
New Boot

The settings I use in Slipstream are:

Apple Intermediate Codec 100% quality
Frame Size 1440x1080

and leave the rest of the settings untouched, even though they refer to interlacing and stuff like that, it's ok we'll deal with that part in cinema tools.

then make movie.

Cinema Tools settings:

Reverse Telecine
for fields choose _CD_
for Frames choose conform to 23.98 and check standard upper/lower
under the Capture Mode just make sure Field 1 - Field 2 is checked

that's it!

It seems like I tried some experiments using other codecs in the slipstream conversion (like prores) but I didn't have a lot of success removing the pulldown. Has anyone else had any luck using another codec besides AIC?
Nick Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7