Batch removal of V1U 24P pulldown with Cinema Tools? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Major Player

Batch removal of V1U 24P pulldown with Cinema Tools?

Does anyone know a way to batch use reverse telecine in Cinema tools to remove pulldown from a bunch of V1U 24P capture files; the problem seems to be that it's impossible to set the reverse telecine "fields" value in batch mode, which I need to set to _CD_. At the moment I'm having to manually reverse telecine them, one by one.
Thanks
Greg
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #2
New Boot

Pulldown remove, cinema tools

You'll only be able to do this in cinema tools if you first transcode to DVCPROHD or ProRes and have shot 24A. Then you just open cinema tools and go to File>Batch Reverse Telecine, and then select the first shot in your batch (all of the shots need to be in the same folder) and 23.98 and you're good to go.

I think a better option is to use compressor 3. I capture all of my footage as HDV via firewire, having final cut create clips via scene detect. Then I bring all of these files into a compressor batch, and I have a custom setup which is just a duplicate of "ProResHQ for progressive material" where I have 3:2 removal turned on. I apply this to all of my clips, and compressor automatically finds the A-frame of each clip and removes the pulldown as well as transcodes to ProRes for editing. This way you can shoot 24 or 24A, doesn't matter which, compressor will remove the pulldown correctly.

This sounds like it should take a long time, but it's really fast, a little less than twice real-time on an old G5 dual 1.8Ghz, the new machines (especially an octo or quad intel with a virtual cluster setup) will chew through this in less than realtime, about as fast as cinema tools to just do the reverse telecine. Then you have nice 23.98 intra-frame 10-bit ProRes to work with.
Matt Devino is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7