Mounting a shotgun on the FX7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mounting a shotgun on the FX7

I'm renting an FX7 from a local place and asking them to mount a shotgun mic on it, with a beachtec. I have an FX7 myself and a beachtech. I want to mount a shotgun mic on mine and use a wireless lav set-up.

I've never mounted a shotgun on the FX7, the camera shop said it shouldn't be a problem but didn't really offer a way to do it.
Have you mounted a shotgun on your FX7 and what do you suggest?
Thanks.
Mike Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Rode SM3

I recommend...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...hockmount.html

I use the SM5 personally, because that's what fits in the V1U's mic mount, but as long as your accessory shoe is free on your FX7 you can use this.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7