HDMI computer monitor with V1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 7th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #1
Trustee

HDMI computer monitor with V1?

I found this monitor:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Computer.html

It, and a few others, have HDMI input. They don't even have DVI input and require a DVI-to-HDMI cable or adapter to be used with a computer with DVI outputs. I know that computer monitors with DVI inputs don't work properly with the V1, but it seems that these monitors have image scalers from the reviews I have read.

Has anyone used one of these inexpensive monitors with the V1 and experienced something close to HD resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
I know that computer monitors with DVI inputs don't work properly with the V1, but it seems that these monitors have image scalers from the reviews I have read.
Marcus, what makes you say that? I mean, I have a 24", 1920x1200 computer panel - and it works great with the computer using DVI, or with the V1 using component inputs.
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #3
Trustee

I, and others, tried several computer monitors with DVI inputs when the V1 first came out and none displayed HD resolution. All monitors that I tested defaulted to 720x480. What I am wondering is if the HDMI monitors have the necessary image scalers to display a 1080i stream at the best possible resolution and generally the correct aspect ratio (I've read some scale to 16x10 depending on their resolution).
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7