Still no FCP OR Sony Update for M2T Files?!?! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #16
Major Player

If you are running FCP 6.02, then apple says a plug-in is needed from Sony to fix this. See below - I would go to Sony and download this.
Hope this helps.

Sony HDV Camcorder Hard Drive Support
The Log and Transfer window in Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 includes support for HDV camcorders with hard drive options, such as the Sony HVR-DR60.

Important: A separate plug-in from Sony is required to enable these features.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Save the phone call

I've already tried that route of calling Sony about a plug-in. The man on the phone was very nice, but there is no plug-in as of yet. He said that Sony knows about the issue, but no plug-in has been created as of yet.

Hope this doesn't dissappoint too much!

Jason
Jason Boyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #18
Major Player

Hello, could someone please clarify for me - just what is the recommended workflow from Sony V1 into FCP?

(My final output is standard DVD, but I always do heavy edits and color correction)

Thanks
Sherif
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #19
Regular Crew

http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...24P_HVRV1U.htm

So far this works the best...not the quickest but it does work
and it looks good.
Jason Boyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM   #20
Regular Crew

We had pretty good luck with 6.0.2 following the suggestions in the release notes: (capturing from tape; I'm using mpeg streamclip for dr-60 files)

"For transcoded capture of 1080p24 footage, 3:2 pull-down is removed during transcoding, resulting in footage stored in the 1080p24 Apple Intermediate Codec format or the 1080p24 Apple ProRes 422 codec format. You can also capture 1080p25 and 1080p30 footage to either format, although Easy Setups are not included for these formats. In these cases, your captured footage is stored in the 1080p25 or 1080p30 Apple Intermediate Codec or Apple ProRes 422 codec format."

I went ahead and made an easy setup for 1080p30 ProRes. Now if I could cut out the mpeg streamclip part...

Speaking of which, any recommended settings for taking 1080p30 (or 24) files from the dr-60 and converting them to ProRes in mpeg streamclip? Especially the "quality" setting?
Edwin Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7