Battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Battery

anyone know where or if there is an internal battery is that holds the settings, just got camera back with new circuit board and cmos block, however, just had to put newly charged battery in and all settings were lost and I had to reset camera again, I noticed that the viewfinder wouldn't work on auto, had to have it on, but it won't shut off when lcd is open, this will not do
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Trustee

iirc the internal battery first needs to be charged in order to hold settings. i think i read this in the manual....

good luck

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #3
Major Player

do you know if its possible for me to change
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:50 AM   #4
Trustee

not that i'm aware of - but i'm no technician. i believe they're lithium, and require full charge to start with but thereafter are pretty resilient at holding their charge.

i would leave a battery in the camera for 24hrs > select your options > remove battery > replace battery and check if your settings hold.

if they don't i think your only option is back to tech / sony.
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #5
Major Player

did that, tried everything I could think of, didn't work, as soon as I take one battery out and put another in, everthing has to be reset, Mack camera has my extended warranty, talked to them, lead sony tech who just rebuilt this camera is on vacation, have to wait to talk to him, don;t think I can get to internal battery
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #6
Trustee

i think you'd have to be a brave man to take a modern camera apart. i did ok with boards in my old 400 sp rig, but i wouldn't even dream of starting on a mini camera, at least not without a full workshop manual....

good luck.

leslie

btw. have a great new year....
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Major Player

Hugh, I can't find my baby philips screw driver right now but there is a small cover in the battery well that looks right. It is the perfect size and there is only one little screw to remove. I would bet that is the spot. No technician required.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:24 PM   #8
Major Player

already took it off, no battery, but I can the circuit board
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM   #9
Major Player

I guess the battery is located inside and cannot be gotten to unless you are a Sony Tech, I have a four year extended warranty from Mack Camera, and after they replaced the circuit board and the ccd block, the battery went bad, They paid for the shipping back and forth, and had it back to me in a week. Anyone purchasing a high end camera should consider one of the warranties, its really peace of mind for a few hundred bucks, and they really take care of business
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7