Bizarre V1U Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Bizarre V1U Problem

Has anybody had an issue, where their V1U keeps resetting? I've had my V1U for 5 years and all of a sudden everytime I turn it on now, it is reset (starts up asking me for date and time and all settings are reset, etc...). I'm baffled. Sometimes it will remember basic things (like me changing the progressive rate to 30P), and other times it forgets everything. Anyone had this happen or have something similar happen?
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Trustee

Josh,

I had that when the camera was unused for a few months. It would forget everything, then sometimes just forget the date, and sometimes just forget one of the other settings.

The solution was to put it on to charge for 12-24 hours - plugged in using the mains AC adapter and with a battery on the back. This is mentioned in the manual somewhere, but it surprised me. This recharges the internal battery and your settings will persist again.

If you do this and you still get asked for the date every time you start, then there's something wrong with the battery and it will need serviced. I don't think you can replace it yourself.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Mike. I gave that a shot, and unfortunately it didn't work. I did get a way better charge out of the battery I had plugged in. I've noticed the charge light on the camera (when a battery is plugged in and charging), goes off long before the batteries are fully charged now. This started right around the time the camera began resetting itself. As you suggested, I guess it's time to get it serviced, however I have to wait where I have a break in work so it's doable.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #4
New Boot

Error

This happens to me. So I have saved a couple of profiles on the camera and just load them up if it happens. Plus I charge my batteries on a separate charger..

Regards

Michael
Michael Buckley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7