Plans to release the next FX1 version? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old August 25th, 2006, 11:50 PM   #16
New Boot

Can you tell us if it has xlr ports?
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Holmes
Tape, HDV. 3CMOS. Looks visually like a cross between VX2100 and FX1. BIG optical zoom, somewhere between 19x and 21x, allegedly.
(& maybe even... a zoom rocker button rather than a toggle!)
Unless Sony lied about the the CCD used in the FX1 and Z1, it's incapable of progressive scanning and, therefore, 24p. As I understand it, CMOS chips are inherently capable of progressive scanning, so, if what you saw is a production model, at least the technical impediment to 24p appears to have been eliminated. Sony, however, hasn't seemed too interested in 24p at the prosumer level. But its inclusion would take some of the wind out of Canon's sails.
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Berman
Can you tell us if it has xlr ports?
No, the alleged camcorder doesn’t have any XLR inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Mason
Where did you see the pic for this cam? (Don't tell me if you have to kill me afterwards)
I ‘d show the pic but its better to let Stu Holmes decide if it should be posted or not on this forum since the camcorder does not officially exist.
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #19
Wrangler

Guys - please do NOT post any pictures here. I saw a picture which someone claimed was this camera and it looked a lot like what you're talking about. It also looked a LOT like a bad Photoshop job.

If there's some real news you can rest assured that DVinfo will have in-depth coverage. In the meantime this is all just rumors and speculation.
Old August 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #20
Obstreperous Rex

This is a forum policy issue. Please do NOT post pictures or mention model numbers of as-yet unreleased products. Doing so serves only to create tremendous confusion as well as seriously annoy manufacturers. They'll announce it when they're ready. Until then, photos and other specifics will be removed from this site without explanation or delay. I've already locked one account over this. Please be patient and WAIT for the official announcement from the manufacturer. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7