DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   HVR-V1U: Initial impressions (from Boyd Ostroff) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/75840-hvr-v1u-initial-impressions-boyd-ostroff.html)

Hideaki Anno September 20th, 2006 01:52 PM

I'd really like to see:
- Footage with a face closeup with good lighting
- Slow Motion mode, to see what happens to footage's quality.

Anyone has tested this slowmotion mode?

Ernesto Mantaras September 21st, 2006 12:03 AM

Um...

I'm sorry, but is that THE Hideaki Anno lurking the DVinfo.net forums in search for info on the V1, or am I finally losing it? ^_^

Hideaki Anno September 21st, 2006 01:03 AM

It's important to be well-informed...^_-

Chris Hurd September 21st, 2006 02:33 AM

And why would you register with an email of xxxxxx_angeli@yahoo.it and from an IP address of 87.11.189.xxx, which puts you in Rome, Italy (instead of Japan)? Shouldn't you be hard at work on the next Evangelion project instead of surfing the net?

Bob Zimmerman September 21st, 2006 03:08 AM

it might be 3:30 am, but it's good to see you taking care of business Chris!!

Chris Hurd September 21st, 2006 03:24 AM

Actually I was sound asleep, up until our newly installed A.M.I.M.A. -- Anime Master Imposter Master Alarm -- went off (thank you Ernesto). Man that thing is loud. Well, back to bed now.

Dominic Jones September 21st, 2006 06:41 AM

Although, if you read an article in the next few days about Hideaki Anno moving to Italy you'll be gutted!!!

John Benton September 21st, 2006 07:13 AM

I have heard that somehow this camera is 4:2:2 colr space with HDV.
Is this true? how is it possible?
Thanks.
J

Boyd Ostroff September 21st, 2006 07:46 AM

The internal processing is done at 4:2:2. Some people are saying you can capture that live using the HDMI output. At the Sony event I asked one of their marketing people if this was true. He said he didn't know, but would ask one of the engineers. Unfortunately he never got back to me.

Mikko Lopponen September 21st, 2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski
Poppe, if you're running around madly shaking the camera and randomly executing fast pans, you're not going to get a good picture from any camera ... :-)

Rolling shutter looks absolutely horrible when anything goes past the frame fast. And handheld shots wobble nastily. Action scenes with a rolling shutter camera will be hard to make but not impossible. I've done stuff with the hc1, but there have been instances where I'd have to change my shooting style because of the rolling shutter.

Boyd Ostroff September 21st, 2006 01:14 PM

In that case I'd think we surely would have noticed in the skydiving and hang gliding footage. The hang gliders were shot handheld as well. But all this stuff looked terrific on the big screen.

Mikko Lopponen September 22nd, 2006 01:15 AM

Yeah, I don't think it has one too. It's too professional for one. Actually there are many cmos cameras that don't have that effect, I have no idea why the hc1/a1 has it.

Marvin Emms September 22nd, 2006 01:25 AM

I don't think its a question of ClearVid not having a rolling shutter, its just that if you can read off the entire array in 4.2ms you just arn't going to see it.

Steve Mullen September 22nd, 2006 01:57 AM

If the cmos chip has cds than it musthave a rolling shutter. The hc1/a1 had cds.

Seun Osewa January 10th, 2007 02:02 PM

Don't most CRT displays display a similar "rolling beam" effect?