V1U HVL VideoLight accessory. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 25th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Major Player

V1U HVL VideoLight accessory.

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if I should be adding this to my shopping list as well... what types of circumstances would this light be useful for? I know you couldn't light a room with it, or get much out of it if you're videotaping a concert... so is this light only really good for close-ups? Is it any better than say a consumer video-light that mounts on top of handycams? I'm sure it is, but how so? Better range?
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Looks similar to the LitePanels. I would be interested as well if the price isn't too steep.
Donald White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #3
Wrangler

One of the advantages is that it takes the same batteries your camera uses, and they also fit the Z1, FX1, VX-2100 and PD-170. I've never compared lights like this - is that something you can get on other lights in this price range?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #4
Major Player

MSRP Price will be, in Europe, about 450Euros, available about Jan 2007.

Prices in Europe, as ever, are substantially inflated above what the price generally will be in the U.S., so draw your own estimate what the US price will be.

It will definitely be cheaper than Litepanels. Those are about 7-800USD for the cheapest model (by recollection).
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #5
Trustee

Yeah, I thought those lights looked really handy- small size, runs on batteries you are already using, and don't need to be connected to the camera. someone could just hand hold it from the side, or tape it to a mic stand. I will probably get one. I had to do a close up interview wirh a lady last week- she wouldnt't remove her baseball cap, so I get shadow on her face. Could have eleminated it with that light.
Robert Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7