V1 color tone at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 10th, 2006, 02:33 AM   #1
HDV Cinema

V1 color tone

My Japanese employes were always amazed I could point-out the Sony camera screen grabs in "Video Salon." I can't read a word of Japanese!

The clue was bluish-green leaves and blue white tile used on many buildings in Japan -- including the Sony building in Ginza.

This month's Video Salon compares the FX1 to the FX7. Pix of girl in pure white blouse in front of green trees.

The FX1: bluish blouse and bluish leaves. But, the FX7 -- pure white blouse and green leaves. Thank you Sony! In every test, the FX7 trumps the FX1.

However, the same issue had a great comparison of the HV10 and HC3. Here, the HV10 really shines.

Most interesting was a roadmap of AVCHD. Looks like 24Mbps is the target data-rate. I can't tell why we are getting 12Mbps and 15Mbps this fall.
Old October 10th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #2
Major Player

That sounds promising. I am really having a hard time picking the right camera. It will be the Canon XH-A1, Sony HVR-V1 or Sony HVR-Z1. The first one has above average CA, the V1 is a bit smaller then I would like, and has a 62mm thread, but for the rest seems to be of great image quality... and the Z1 is already getting old and has its own issues. It will be though.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Steve

- do you have a link for those 'Video Salon' pics please ?
Would be interesting to see.

thanks
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #4
HDV Cinema

Unfortunately, they are in the magazine.
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Major Player

ahh ok.
now worries - thanks for replying anyway.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #6
Major Player

haha! you sound like me. I'll be watching TV with my friends (especially reality TV) and I'll tell them what camera they're using, or at least the brand. I was watching a show yesterday on Bravo...recognized that familiar compression and color of my FX1...1 minute later the cameraman passed in front of a mirror and to my friend's amazment the camera was a Z1U. I do the same thing all the time with photos (I used to sell cameras/camcorders...I've had a lot of time to learn to notice the slight differences)

I'd also be interested in seeing this pictures, does this magazine have a website with their articles?
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7