Sony V1 vs Sony HVR-A1 in low light - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 24th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #16
Trustee

it's just such a shame the v1 doesn't have a 1/3rd inch chips. I would be first in line if it did!
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #17
Trustee

Marcus Marchesseault,
That is definitely a good way in solving the V1u’s low light capabilities against the Z1u’s. 30 full frames with a shutter speed of 30 should give you a very decent picture quality.

Phil Bloom,
By using 1/3rd of an inch imagers and a 20X lens the camcorder would have been at least the size of the XH-G1/Z1u or bigger. To a lot of people the smaller size is worth it since using the Z1u for many hours at a time like I have can be a pain sometimes.

Now here’s the low light comparison that I want to see:
"XH-G1 vs. Z1u vs. V1u"

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; October 24th, 2006 at 08:59 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #18
Trustee

Agree on the light weight factor. Using a medium/small camera means mobility. If your going on a tripod or in the studio, then size matters and you could rent or purchase a larger camera.

There is a difference when you shoot a two hour event on the field between an XL1s and an HC1. Combine that with a heavy coat and moving up and down a field or flight of stairs and you'll quickly forgive 1/4 chips.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling
Agree on the light weight factor. Using a medium/small camera means mobility. If your going on a tripod or in the studio, then size matters and you could rent or purchase a larger camera.

There is a difference when you shoot a two hour event on the field between an XL1s and an HC1. Combine that with a heavy coat and moving up and down a field or flight of stairs and you'll quickly forgive 1/4 chips.
Totally agree it's best to get the smallest/lightest cam that you can that meets your required specs.
Probability of taking your cam with you on a "shall i / shan't i" type of day, is inversely proportional to size and weight.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7