tripod/LANC controler options for the V1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM   #1
Inner Circle

tripod/LANC controler options for the V1

I hear there will be a new Sony tripod with LANC controller dedicated for the new V1, but would like to ask those who actually have/had the V1 whether the previous Sony model, the 870RM, is also suitable? I can get it quite cheap here in Poland, but would like to make sure the head/legs are sturdy enough and provide fine movement to a camera this size/weight. Thanks

Piotr
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Wrangler

At the V1 press conference I attended they were showing off a Sony tripod with a LANC controller. It looked like a cheap plastic consumer model and it felt wobbly. I have seen a similar Sony tripod in the past which was targeted to the home video market, looked and felt very flimsy. I love Sony cameras, screens and A/V equipment - have a whole houseful. But I think you are much better off to stick to names like Miller, Satchler, Vinten, O'Connor, Manfrotto, etc. when shopping for a tripod.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:08 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The higher Sony model, VCT-1170RM, doesn't look "cheap plastic" at all and costs less than Manfrotto MN503/525, which doesn't have LANC control:-( Anyway, do you recommend this particular Manfrotto?

PS. When speaking of a Sony tripod, did you mean the new VCT-PG11RMB, shown here:
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...-V1U/acce.html

Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7