Any USA folks recieve their V1U this week? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Just got my V1e home.

Had a chance to fully test out the Canon XH-A1 and the Sony V1e and chose the Sony.

Both fantastic cameras but the Sony ticked more boxes for me than the Canon.

Don't anyone be worried about low light performance I had chance to work both cameras in a low light scene while the Canon is slightly more sensitive the Sony is perfectly adequate and the usable gap between the two is not huge. No matter how sensitive a camera might be I wouldn't shoot in anything lower in light than the test scene and the Sony rendered it perfectly.

Anyhoo, I'll start a thread for my impressions when I've had chance to acclimatise myself with it.

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #32
Obstreperous Rex

Looking forward to that, Tony! Congrats on your purchase,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Welcome to DVinfo Zsolt. Chris removed the link you refered to because it pointed to a vendor which isn't one of our sponsors.

our full sponsor list here: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/
Thanks Boyd, clear. The link was from the UK anyways, where you don't have sponsors from.
Let me suggest to add sponsors from the EU, too - its quite complicated to order from the US for EU citizens (maybe not all), the procedures with tax authorities, etc.
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #34
Obstreperous Rex

Right now we have one UK sponsor that also serves the EU market and I am in the process of finding a handful of highly regarded EU dealers to add to our list. Our UK sponsor is Production Gear in Hertfordshire. Look them up at http://www.productiongear.co.uk/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:01 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Looking forward to that, Tony! Congrats on your purchase,
Cheers mate!
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #36
Inner Circle

No cameras came in today.

Who's turn is it to check tomorrow?? ;)
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:14 AM   #37
Major Player

Time close for V1U

Chris - my turn this week - not in stock yet at BH but if you look up on the search engines (google HVR-V1U) you will find it "in stock" in at least 8 stores in the New York area - these are the stores I wouldn't buy from (except for BH). I called a few and they said they had it in stock but would ship it out in 1-2 business days - called BH back and they indicated that is standard policy - they tell you that to get your order but it still arrives to all the stores at approx. the same time - BH now estimates the end of this week.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser
Chris - my turn this week - not in stock yet at BH but if you look up on the search engines (google HVR-V1U) you will find it "in stock" in at least 8 stores in the New York area - these are the stores I wouldn't buy from (except for BH). I called a few and they said they had it in stock but would ship it out in 1-2 business days - called BH back and they indicated that is standard policy - they tell you that to get your order but it still arrives to all the stores at approx. the same time - BH now estimates the end of this week.
Thanks for the update Barry,

Not what I'm sure a lot of us wanted to hear but the truth is always better than "IN STOCK".

I've got my fingers crossed it will still be here before Christmas.

It would have been nice to have had the V1 last weekend for sure. Looks like one of my batteries for the HC3 has a problem. It starts out with 200min remaining, goes for a few minutes and then shows dead. Later I turned the camera on and it showed 180 minutes then after a few minutes showed dead again. When I got home I charged it for a 15 minutes and it ran the camera for the next 2 hours under test. How odd. Its only 2 months old and has maybe 10 cycles on it.. AND you know it would happen in the middle of an event. Luckily I carry spares.

Chris
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #39
Major Player

It's Here!!

Just went to this area of BH which I have checked daily (sometimes more than once) - early today "accepting orders" - now this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=468701&is=REG
Now just have to call tomorrow and make sure it is shipped out (1 day shipping option) - too bad I can't play with the camera over the weekend.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #40
Trustee

Dang, Barry! You must be as anxious as me! You da man for finding that one first. :)

OMG! I just checked my order and I paid NextDay shipping from UPS. I might actually get it on Monday. Sweet!
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #41
Inner Circle

I got an email this evening from B&H stating the camera was in stock.

When I checked my order online it still showed on order. Lets hope they got them shipped out this evening and the system hasn't been updated yet.

Chris
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #42
Major Player

Excellent! I only live 20 miles from BH, but I pre-ordered it a month and a half ago so I guess I have to wait for UPS to drop off my early Christmas present (maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if I can go and pick it up before work!!!... of course then I'd have to work a whole shift and stare at the box until I get home.)

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #43
Inner Circle

The word is B&H is shipping a buch of V1Us today. Mine included.

Chris
Old December 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #44
Inner Circle

Oh boy, here we go....
Old December 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #45
Regular Crew

I hope you enjoy your cameras as much as I am enjoying mine.

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7