Clip Format for posting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Clip Format for posting

The sun decided to shine this afternoon and I ttok some time off and got the V1e out and shot some stuff. The question is, what Qt format should I post clips in so that PC users can view them? No m2ts sorry.

I have some great shots showing lack of smear on a wonderful sunset.

What would you like in terms of QT? I'll upload to Rapidshare a few shots showing just how unbelievable this camera is...

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Tony,

mine has not arrived today - but scheduled for tomorrow. Chances are I could take some fresh snowy sceneries this week. (In case if weather forecast is more reliable than TNT...)
Could you please list the most necessary settings I would need to set in order to get good shots out of box?

thanks a lot

Zsolt
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #3
Major Player

I'd say either DV PAL of MJpegA @ maximum quality in SD resolution, if you're going for a combination of "not too massive a file" vs "still able to see the quality of the footage", plus both pretty much universally playable, to my knowledge - unless anyone else has a better idea/different requirements??

I'm seriously considering one of these to replace the Z1 on the back of my M2 rig, and your enthusiasm for the camera has got me very interested (along with CMOS and 25p when it finally works!) - thanks for all your time and your posts, Tony...
Dominic Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsolt Gordos
Tony,

mine has not arrived today - but scheduled for tomorrow. Chances are I could take some fresh snowy sceneries this week. (In case if weather forecast is more reliable than TNT...)
Could you please list the most necessary settings I would need to set in order to get good shots out of box?

thanks a lot

Zsolt
Zsolt, this camera produces amazing pictures right out of the box. You just need to turn off the auto gain and set everything up manually for consistency. There are no vast arrays of parameters to tweak just black stretch and compress, a couple of gamma curves and cinecolour. Not much more than that, proof that less is more!

I shot a sunset tonight, my partner and I sat and watched the clips here in my office with our mouths open. I kid you not.

TT

P.s. Turn the sharpening down. 7 (default) is too high. I have found a much more natural look at around 3-4.

Last edited by Tony Tremble; December 18th, 2006 at 04:16 PM.
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Jones
I'd say either DV PAL of MJpegA @ maximum quality in SD resolution, if you're going for a combination of "not too massive a file" vs "still able to see the quality of the footage", plus both pretty much universally playable, to my knowledge - unless anyone else has a better idea/different requirements??

I'm seriously considering one of these to replace the Z1 on the back of my M2 rig, and your enthusiasm for the camera has got me very interested (along with CMOS and 25p when it finally works!) - thanks for all your time and your posts, Tony...
CMOS works and well, most of the myths surrounding it have been busted. Low light is fine, DOF is wider but the resolution of the camera just makes the foreground pop out from the background. Very limited chromatic aberration some in wide and at full zoom but minimal and not glaringly obvious. Colour reproduction like no other camera in this price range. So much resolution that you need to turn the sharpening down!!! :)

As I said in another thread, the V1 and M2 and HDMI capture is going to be a superb combination and a great leveller.

Everyone should own this camera.

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7