Rattling noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Tourist

Rattling noise

Hi all,

I just got my V1 back from Sony after the firmware upgrade and there seems to be something rattling inside. The sound appears if the camera is tilted up or down or moved from side to side. I think it is the aperture because when the camera is on it doesn't seem to be there any more. The camera works perfectly but I'm just a bit concerned. Is this normal or has something happened?

Cheers

Charlie
Charlie Targett-Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Sorry I can't help about the ratling noise, but how is the camera after the fix? Is the 25p mode any better? No unwelcome side-effects of the cure?
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki
Sorry I can't help about the ratling noise, but how is the camera after the fix? Is the 25p mode any better? No unwelcome side-effects of the cure?
I should get my cam back tomorrow. I'll let you know how the fix went.

Fingers crossed..

TT

Oh, the rattling is normal BTW. If it's the same rattling as in my camera. Rattling should stop when cam is powered.
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Tourist

Don't really want to conclude too much because I just got it today. But definitely the softness has gone.

Thanks Tony for the reassurance. Sony should definitely pay you commission or just have you as their customer service! Would be much more helpful.
Charlie Targett-Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Major Player

Tony,

please give us update on the 25p quality once received your cam. Thanks!

Piotr, how long does it take to get back the cam? You are not in the UK just like myself. I would like to assess the time the cam will be away, as planning a trip for the end of the month.

Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Zsolt

Believe me, as soon as I get the camera I'll be setting 25P and shooting some stuff. Unfortunately UPS doesn't normally deliver until about 3pm which will mean it'll be like midnight here. :(

The turn around for my camera was 11 days, I think, but Xmas and new year were in the way so I am pretty pleased.

cheers everyone

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7