Super Wide / Fisheye - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #16
Major Player

re:

Hi Keith (or anyone else in the know). I'm going to be shooting some snowboad vids Hopeing to achieve a look similar to the photos below. Do you think for my purposes that the 85 is too much Fisheye or that the 80 isn't enough?

-dramatic fisheye (which I like)
-but how far do you have to zoom in to get rid of most of the vignetting?

-nice wide lens.
-But is it fisheye enough for the snowboard, skateboard, look?

I'm new to fisheye vibe and would love some input as to which is the appropriate look to fit the pictures below. Especially since I want to order one right away to use for dirtbike footage this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Super Wide / Fisheye-01.jpg  
Attached Images

Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #17
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moreau View Post

I think for a fisheye it is probably as good as one might be able to get for the V1U, especially in this price range. (though I haven't seen the Century or 16x9Inc equivalent, but they don't even have a 62mm and their 72mm I've not heard a great amount of good things about these lenses, besides they are much more expensive.)

-Keith
Schneider Optics does make a Fisheye adapter and Ultra Fisheye Adapter for the V1U/FX7. They lock onto the bayonet where the factory shade normally goes. This bayonet mount creates a faster mounting process, better connection (important for optical performance due to sensitive spacing issues for optimal quality), and more secure.

Schneider makes two versions:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...=1386&IID=6226

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...=1386&IID=6227

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #18
Major Player

re:

Thanks Ryan. The samples for each looked good, though a little out of my price range for a first fisheye.

They say money shouldn't be a factor with good glass, but small budget to start on this gig.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #19
Major Player

Josh, the DCR-CF180PRO is the one to get for what you need (unless you want to spend a lot more) the 185 will just get you a circle with black around it and a little more peripheral view, but I don't think it's what you want. however the DCR-CF180PRO is kind of 'soft' but one of the cheapest diagonal fisheyes you can get.
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM   #20
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hayes View Post
Thanks Ryan. The samples for each looked good, though a little out of my price range for a first fisheye.

They say money shouldn't be a factor with good glass, but small budget to start on this gig.
I understand that not all of have huge budgets. A lot of people pick up these used if a new one is out of budget. Unfortunately, even at that, our lenses hold value fairly well. Check the for sale posts and other auction sites, you might be surprised what you find.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #21
Major Player

re:

Thanks for the recommendations Keith and Ryan. I'm going with your suggestion Keith, and picking up the Raynox 180 PRO. Having it shipped before the weekend so I can shoot with it immediately. Thanks again.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7