Weird brown lines - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #16
Archivist for SMECC

shutters!

that sounds like a pretty good endorsement indeed!

WHAT ABOUT RUNNING FOOTBALL PEOPLE FLYING FOOTBALLS ETC?

Opps caps... I remember when I was doing still work we tried to shoot at 500....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
I don't think I even need 1/250 shutter, but I do know of one use of fast shutter. Ben Winter sometimes uses a fast shutter speed to reduce motion blurring. I believe he does this to reduce motion artifacts from interpolative slow-motion software. Goodervideo.com has slow-motion software and Ben has mentioned using the fast shutter speed when he is planning to use that software. I think 1/250 shutter would be just fine to eliminate motion blur for this software. My test was done simply by pointing my V1 at a ceiling fan set to high. To my eyes, the blades are a complete blur. The V1 is able to eliminate motion blur from the blades without noticeable distortion. Only a very fast-moving object in your scene could generate any warping and then only at a very fast shutter speed. I really can't imagine any real-world reason the rolling shutter of the V1 could ever be a problem.

See The Communications and Computation Museum at:
Museum Website

See The Glendale Arizona Videosphere - KKAT-TV At:
Glendale Daily Planet KKAT-TV CouryGraph Productions

Click For Red Camera In Action
Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:45 AM   #17
New Boot

Brown Lines?

Hi Lizi,

I have a post above about some weird digital distortion (which on second thoughts kind of appear as lines) apppearing in highlights that are over exposed. Just wondering how hot the sections were that made these lines appear? This was shooting at standard shutters.

Nick
Nick Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:31 AM   #18
Major Player

I just shot my son's hockey game the other night under the mercury vapor lighting, shutter speed at 60 and the rolling thick brown lines are there! They are faint but they are there. I was not shooting at 250 or higher so it appears to be a problem under certain lighting conditions. Other times I've shot in the same place and have not noticed them.

Weird.
Paul Frederick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7