V1 in multi camera set up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Tourist

V1 in multi camera set up

Gentlemen,
Thanks in advance for any input. I've been gleaning tons of great info from you for months, thank you for that. Question: I am plannning on using 5 V1 cameras to mix live motorcycle racing events this summer. These would be SD, widescreen NTSC, and I would be using the composite out to run to my switcher rack - about 1000' each. (no need for genlock) In the past I've done this with my DSR 300s or D-35's. In your experiences Is there any limitation to the V1 in this mode? What is so appealing is the long battery life, 20x lens, possible 30x with electronic zoom (?) small size, and price. Any thoughts? Any other options that you would take?
Eric Nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #2

Other than the expected loss of 1000' of composite cable, this should work very well.
Have you been running composite over a 1000' distance with success in the past?
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Eric,

I am very intrested in the results of your experiment. Please be sure to follow up when you have finished--sorry I can't offfer up advice on the topic !
Jeff Rhode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Tourist

multi cam set up with v1

I've gone as far as 2200 feet out of my DSR 300's. I switch these programs live with a globecaster and then encode them for pay per view the following day. The globecasters composite input cards have a 7 line frame sync in them and I have not yet bumped into that. Smooth transitions and sharp cuts. I do use Belden 1505 RG 59 (or canare with similar vel prop numbers) cable and try to limit any connectors - I even have gone as far as spraying the ends with caigs pro gold to avoid problems (seems like snake oil sometimes but I've measured a difference). Has anyone shot any footage SD with the 30x option and if so, have you been happy with it? I expect to purchase these cams after NAB, as my first gig is mid May.
Eric Nacke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7