Clips on V1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Clips on V1

I took around 4-5 minutes of tape and they were in 10 sec to 30 sec clips. When I captured these clips I ended up with over 280 individual clips which were slivers when I put them on the timeline. WHAT HAPPENED? , I surely didn't take that many clips. I used 24p. anyone experience anything like this with a V1
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #2

could be your heads were dirty or your tape had issues.
Which NLE did you use to capture?
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Hello, appreciate your answer, I have your vegas studio dvd, invaluable info, by the way I just ordered your dvd on the V1, Well this cam is brand new on 3-12-07. this is the first tape, its the sony tape which came with it. I did get some good clips on this same tape, but these last ones seemed all screwed up, :I do have a capture problem on my laptop, xp with sp1, was able to capture from A1, but computer does not see V1 at all. So I take it to my office, new desktop with sp2. capture no problem. So I capture on Vegas 7 and store on portable 300 gig hard drive which I can then connect to my laptop and edit, again with Vegas 7. any suggestions from this
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley View Post
laptop, xp with sp1, no captue
new desktop with sp2. capture no problem.
Doesn’t this answer your question by it self?

volki
Max Volki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Major Player

SP2 includes some firewire fixes. (Of course it also breaks some other features with firewire drives that used to work in SP1. Go figure.)

Sounds like a dropped frame problem caused by either Windows XP dropping the firewire signal, a slow capture drive (you did say you were capturing to a laptop drive, right?) or both.
Brian Standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM   #6
Major Player

V1 capture

Kind of answers the question however my A1 was capturing perfectly until two weeks ago, I sold that one and got a V1, its got to be an SP2 issue, yes I do use USB2 on the hard drive however when I used my my A1 there was not issue on my laptop with SP1 capturing to the same hard drive using a USB port. Actually as many times as I have to connect my V1 to my laptop the computer actually saw the camera once, but thats it. My next thing is to reformat my laptop and put XP with SP2 on it, I purposely have used SP1 on most of my computers because SP2 has issues especially with wireless, at least for me it does. When I think about it, it could have been the capture to the hard drive and dropped frames. I am capturing right the same clips to my computer hard drive and then I will transfer them to my laptop with a cd. thanks
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #7
Major Player

V1 capture

Problem sort of solved, Captured same clips again only this time directly to my computer HD, no loss of any frames and clips are normal, something happened when I captured with Vegas and put them directly onto my external HD, new firewire card too, go figure, I alwys said each computer has a different ghost in it.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7