Problem with V1P - audio drop outs and "jump frame" during pan shots at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 25th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #1
New Boot

Problem with V1P - audio drop outs and "jump frame" during pan shots

Hi all,

We are shooting a mini series here in ShenZhen China and have recently "upgraded" our production camcorder from the Z1U to the V1P (pal version of V1U). Things have been working well until two major problem arose:

1. Audio drop out problem.
- The audio through the XLR inputs continuously drops out. The drop out occurs independant to the type of microphone used as well as the channel configuration set(Ch 1, Ch1 + 2 etc.)

We've tried quite a few different microphones from the package shot gun, to a Sennheiser ME66 (both phantom powered and using the K-6 power supply), to wireless mics (a set of Letrosonic 400, and the Sennheiser EW100) and the audio still continue to drop (ie the audio would come in fine but suddenly disappear).

This problem is resolved, however, by turning the camcorder off and then on again.

We are also seeing a change in this problem in that instead of "silence" drop out, we are starting to get a lot of hiss and static noise through the input channels. They are coming in quite loudly too, but they go away again when the camcorder is turned off and then on.

2. "Jump frame" during pan shots

At the end of a pan shot, the frame would "jump". This occurs around every third pan shot. This can be seen both in the LCD as well as is recorded onto the tape.

The "jump frame" problem does not occur during hand held shots, however. Just when the camcorder is on stick and the pan is slow.

The serial # of our camcorder is 1310135. We've got a loaner now from a local rental house here in ShenZhen, and it seems that the rental suffers from the same problems.

I'd be interested in getting any feedbacks from other V1 users especialy those who are using the PAL version.

Any suggestions / advises are appreciated too.

Thank you!
MK

---
[www.dvshortfilms.com]
[www.mksiu.com]
Michael MK Siu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Michael,
I don't have the V1, but the second problem sounds a lot like the image stabilizer has been left on - try turning it off when using a tripod for pans and tilts.

Cheers,
Kyle
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:57 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael MK Siu View Post
Hi all,

We are shooting a mini series here in ShenZhen China and have recently "upgraded" our production camcorder from the Z1U to the V1P (pal version of V1U). Things have been working well until two major problem arose:

1. Audio drop out problem.
- The audio through the XLR inputs continuously drops out. The drop out occurs independant to the type of microphone used as well as the channel configuration set(Ch 1, Ch1 + 2 etc.)

We've tried quite a few different microphones from the package shot gun, to a Sennheiser ME66 (both phantom powered and using the K-6 power supply), to wireless mics (a set of Letrosonic 400, and the Sennheiser EW100) and the audio still continue to drop (ie the audio would come in fine but suddenly disappear).

This problem is resolved, however, by turning the camcorder off and then on again.

We are also seeing a change in this problem in that instead of "silence" drop out, we are starting to get a lot of hiss and static noise through the input channels. They are coming in quite loudly too, but they go away again when the camcorder is turned off and then on.

2. "Jump frame" during pan shots

At the end of a pan shot, the frame would "jump". This occurs around every third pan shot. This can be seen both in the LCD as well as is recorded onto the tape.

The "jump frame" problem does not occur during hand held shots, however. Just when the camcorder is on stick and the pan is slow.

The serial # of our camcorder is 1310135. We've got a loaner now from a local rental house here in ShenZhen, and it seems that the rental suffers from the same problems.

I'd be interested in getting any feedbacks from other V1 users especialy those who are using the PAL version.

Any suggestions / advises are appreciated too.

Thank you!
MK

---
[www.dvshortfilms.com]
[www.mksiu.com]
The audio problem sounds like an over active limiter. Do you have the audio limiter on? If so, try turning it off and see if the problem goes away.
John Bosco Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Jump frame

I postet this some days ago:

Camera stands on a tripod; head is firm, no wind, since it is indoor.
Although I stand about 4 meters away from the camera, the picture on the TV doesn’t stands still. It moves vertically up and down, up to one centimetre. Only vertically, not sideways.
First I thought it is an earthquake or the house is shaking. (haha)

After I switched off “Steady shot”, the picture stops moving up and down.
volki

On tripod, NEVER use Steadyshot.

I programmed a Assign-Button "Steadyshot ON /OFF

volki
Max Volki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7