music video shot with v1u at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Major Player

music video shot with v1u

not that HD matters when a video is uploaded to "you tube" but here is a music video for a Papa roach music video contest we just completed

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feubCb8zb3M
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Nice job! I really liked the diffuse black and white treatment of the the instruments.
Lee Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Berger View Post
Nice job! I really liked the diffuse black and white treatment of the the instruments.
thanks;;;;;;
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #4
Major Player

I agree with Lee's assessment of the situation....

Can you provide some information on some of you're camera settings? E.g., the night shots/bar shots. Did you experience any issues with the rolling-shutter effect? Did you shoot this all on just the one camera? The editing/effects are pretty nice--I found myself watching the video & story more than examining the techniques, etc.

The music's halfway decent, too! ;)

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vanecek View Post
I agree with Lee's assessment of the situation....

Can you provide some information on some of you're camera settings? E.g., the night shots/bar shots. Did you experience any issues with the rolling-shutter effect? Did you shoot this all on just the one camera? The editing/effects are pretty nice--I found myself watching the video & story more than examining the techniques, etc.

The music's halfway decent, too! ;)

Thanks,
Matt

it was all shot with one v1u. in the bar i think i had the gain all the way up. we didnt use any lights in the story parts. ill try to get a higher quality version up soon. whats the rolling shutter thing?
Old April 26th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #6
Trustee

Too bad the V1 has such poor performance in low-light. ;)

I've been telling people that the fact that the V1 retains good color while the gain is increased makes it better in some ways in low light. I think this video is proof. To me, those night scenes looked exactly as they do in reality. I find the images from the V1 to be the most realistic I've seen in varying conditions. Special effect coloration and "filmlook" can be accomplished with color correction and other techniques in post. The rich color of the V1 is a good starting point as there is something to work with. Other cameras that I've used lose color or just don't have rich color.

Good job, I found myself watching the video and had to go back and watch again to see the techniques. It looks very professional.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #7
Major Player

Looks good! I use the Z1U and have a CMOS Canon HV20.. and the V1U is (kinda) like a combo of both.

Rolling shutter - simply how the CMOS records (scans the image). It's one of those FUD things that people talk about that is near never an issue in reality.

Looks good - good chunk of time to shoot that I bet!
Old April 30th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #8
Major Player

higher quality version

here is the higher quality version a
all shot on v1u

http://www.morganvisual.com/paparoach
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7