Matching V1U to an FX1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Matching V1U to an FX1?

I may be doing a shoot soon where I'd need to match footage shot on a Sony FX1 using Cineframe 24 to footage shot on a V1U at 1080/24p. I've advised the client that finding another V1U camera would be preferable, but neither of us knows anyone in the Sacramento area who has one. If we do the FX1/V1U matchup, what settings should I consider on either/both cameras to make them look as similar as possible?

If anyone in Sacramento has a V1U available on May 22-23, drop me a line at kwshaw1@videomem.com
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Kevin: Think I told you I have an FX1, but that doesn't sound like the way you want to go. Also have a HV20 that might work, dressing it up with a Beachteck,,, but alas, no V1-U...
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Though I recently saw a great mockumentary/feature film shot with two Z1u's using 60i and CF24, I don't recommend using it to match up.

Instead try www.nattress.com (Apple) or www.dvfilm.com/maker (Apple or PC) to convert it to 24p with (or without) the pulldown.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7