question to V1 PAL users at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 23rd, 2007, 07:07 AM   #1
Inner Circle

question to V1 PAL users

So, has anyone succeded burning a 25p movie onto a BR or HD DVD disk? With the BluRay specification not supporting 25p format officially, and HD DVD supporting it only in theory - I'm unsure about my future delivery method. So far, I've been storing/editing/playing back my progressive shooting on my PC's HDD (with archives on tapes, of course), and have been very pleased with playback results (provided I switched deinterlacing off in my software MPEG player).

I'll appreciate your updating me on that. And most importantly: can it play without line twittering?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:59 AM   #2
New Boot

At least the HD-DVD's are not yet 25p capable. Although I have upgraded my Toshiba player several times (latest version 2.0) it still does not support 25p, some rumors still claim this will happen later, who knows.
(Btw the updating of the player is very easy, just connect the ethernet cable to the player and select the right menu option, hopefully updating the cameres will be some day as easy as this, would have helped in the early HVR-V1e case also:)
Timo Mukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Have not try burning on 25p, but edit in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 not a problem
K.C. Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C. Luke View Post
Have not try burning on 25p, but edit in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 not a problem
K.C. editing has never been a problem, as it's still a 1080i stream. My question arises from fear that we PAL users might be left without a straightforward deliverry workflow.
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #5
New Boot

The latest v2.5 upgrade for Toshiba HD-DVD (XE1 model) is now available and should support the 24p mode as well, unfortunately I have the cheaper E1 model so I am not able to test that. I.e. now also PAL (Europen) HD-DVD users should be able to enjoy the progressive mode (Blue ray had this already earlier). Since the support is only for 24p, and not for 25p which V1E only supports there might still be some conversion issues (25p->24p, 2-3 pulldown etc) before the 25p support comes available (if ever).
Timo Mukari is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7