FX7 Quick REcord mode--pros/cons? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FX7 Quick REcord mode--pros/cons?

It would seem that the 'Quick Record' mode is valuable in decreasing the delay between hitting the record button and actually recording.

What are the cons--
If it causes time code breaks then that would be a deal killer for me.
Is there increased video head wear?

Does anyone use this mode routinely? What are your experiences with it?

--Robert
Robert Altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have found a Premiere-related problem (haven't tried this with other editing software). When batch-capturing clips, Premiere Pro 2.0 does not seem to find clip in points situated in the "freeze zones" introduced by the Quick Record mode. Usually shifting the in point by some frames fixes the problem but is an extra hassle, and sometimes the program just hangs and has to be restarted.

I am still waiting for that jaguar to cross my path, so I will continue using Quick Record, regardless.
Jyrki Hokkanen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7