Anyone shot any fireworks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone shot any fireworks?

I was wondering if anyone shot any fireworks, maybe on the 4th of July, with the FX7/V1.

Considering the CMOS way of scanning the picture and issue with flash photography, I'm curious to see how it handles fireworks.

If anyone has any footage that would care to show, I'd appreciate.

Thanks,
Sergio.
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

fireworks

I shot some fireworks just for a test. It looks fine. I did not see any rolling shutter effect. I'm guessing because there was no background to light up (dark sky) the effect was not visable. It may in fact be there, but I could not see it. JM
John Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Major Player

I have shot fireworks and other pyrotech shows, laser show etc. No problem at all. Very nice colorful results, no noise issue.
Old July 15th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you guys for your opinions. Actually, just yesterday i shot some fireworks but didn't have time to check out the footage... looked good on the LCD, though.
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7