Latest commercial!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Latest commercial!!!

Here is a commercial I made today and yesterday. Youtube doesn't do justice for a high def camera like the Z1U. I don't have my own website with aserver so I have to show it on youtube. bummer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrLwsiFzDBM

All criticism welcomed.

I am only 16...so...

Joseph
Joseph Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #2

Joseph,
not at all a bad piece of work!
Mixing aspect ratios is generally frowned upon, I noticed at least 3 different aspect ratios in there.
Since it's a commercial, some additional "teaser" text might be useful to help lead into the final "Back to School" title card.
Thanks for sharing your work.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Major Player

It works. I agree with the above comments. Here some other things to think about. The problem with editing programs, is that it is too easy to put in a bunch of different effects and wipes. A good rule is to "not use an effect for the effect's sake". This means to make sure any wipe or effect you use has a purpose that enhances or supports the message. Watch most commercials, and you will see that the dissolve or a dissolve variant is the most commonly use transition in television. I liked your humor, it was funny, which is good. Keep up the good work.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Not happy either

I wasn't happy with the different pixel ratio...I knew I wasn't going to be the only one who noticed. hahaa

Thanks David and Douglas!!!

Joseph

Last edited by Joseph Hutson; August 16th, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
Joseph Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

By the way, what did you mean Douglas with "Since it's a commercial, some additional "teaser" text might be useful to help lead into the final "Back to School" title card." I didn't understand what you meant.

Thanks,
Joseph
Joseph Hutson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1